Respecting your privacy
This Policy also includes our credit reporting policy, that is, it covers additional information on how we manage your personal information collected in connection with a credit application, or a credit facility. We refer to this credit-related information below as credit information.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
The types of information that we collect and hold about you could include:
- ID information such as your name, postal or email address, telephone numbers, and date of birth; and
- other information we think is necessary.
What do we collect via your website activity?
If you use our online services, we monitor your use of those services to ensure we can verify you and can receive information from us, and to identify ways we can improve our services for you.
If you start but don’t submit an on-line application, we can contact you using any of the contact details you’ve supplied to offer help completing it. The information in applications will be kept temporarily then destroyed if the application is not completed.
We also know that some customers like to engage with us through social media channels. We may collect information about you when you interact with us through these channels. However for all confidential matters, we’ll ensure we interact with you via a secure forum.
To improve our services and products, we sometimes collect de-identified information from web users. That information could include IP addresses or geographical information to ensure your use of our online services is secure.
We also collect de-identified information if you use one of our calculators or other programs. Although the information collected does not identify an individual, it does provide us with useful statistics so that we can analyse and improve our online services.
How do we collect your personal information?
How we collect and hold your information
We understand that your personal information needs to be looked after and isn’t something you leave lying around for just anybody to take. So unless it’s unreasonable or impracticable, we will try to collect personal information directly from you (referred to as ‘solicited information’). For this reason, it’s important that you help us to do this and keep your contact details up-to-date.
There are many ways we seek information from you. We might collect your information when you fill out a form with us, when you’ve given us a call or used our websites. We also find using electronic means, such as email or SMS, a convenient way to communicate with you and to verify your details .
What if you don’t want to provide us with your personal information?
If you don’t provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to:
- provide you with the product or service you want;
- verify your identity or protect against fraud; or
- let you know about other products or services from across the Group that might better meet your financial, e-commerce and lifestyle needs.
How we collect and hold your credit information
We will collect your credit information from details included in any form you complete on our website and from any Choice Home Loans broker to whom we refer your enquiry.
When will we notify you that we have received your information?
When we receive personal information from you directly, we’ll take reasonable steps to notify you how and why we collected your information, who we may disclose it to and outline how you can access it, seek correction of it or make a complaint.
Sometimes we collect your personal information from third parties. You may not be aware that we have done so. If we collect information that can be used to identify you, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of that collection.
How do we take care of your personal information?
We store information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we do this are:
- confidentiality requirements of our employees;
- document storage security policies;
- security measures for access to our systems;
- only giving access to personal information to a person who is verified to be able to receive that information;
- control of access to our buildings; and
- electronic security systems, such as firewalls and data encryption on our websites.
We can store personal information physically or electronically with third party data storage providers. Where we do this, we use contractual arrangements to ensure those providers take appropriate measures to protect that information and restrict the uses to which they can put that information.
What happens when we no longer need your information?
We’ll only keep your information for as long as we require it for our purposes. We’re may be required to keep some of your information for certain periods of time under law. When we no longer require your information, we’ll ensure that your information is destroyed or de-identified.
How we use your personal information
What are the main reasons we collect, hold and use your information?
Collecting your personal information allows us to provide you with the products and services you’ve asked for. This means we can use your information to:
- provide you with information about products and services;
- consider your request for products and services;
- process your request for products and services; and
- administer products and services which include answering your requests and complaints.
Can we use your information for marketing our products and services?
We may use or disclose your personal information to let you know about products and services from across the Group that might better serve your financial, e-commerce and lifestyle needs, or competitions or promotions and other opportunities in which you may be interested in.
Yes, You Can Opt-Out
You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive direct marketing offers from the Group (see ‘Contact Us’). We will process your request as soon as practicable.
What are the other ways we use your information?
We’ve just told you some of the main reasons why we collect your information, so here’s some more insight into the ways we use your personal information including:
- giving you information about a product or service;
- processing your request for a product or service;
- administering the product or service we provide you, which includes answering your requests and dealing with your complaints;
- identifying you;
- telling you about other products or services that may be of interest to you, or running competitions and other promotions (this can be via email, telephone, SMS, iM, mail, or any other electronic means including via social networking forums), unless you tell us not to;
- assisting in arrangements with other organisations in relation to a product or service we make available to you;
- allowing us to run our business and perform administrative and operational tasks, such as:
- training staff;
- developing and marketing products and services;
- risk management;
- systems development and testing, including our websites and other online channels;
- undertaking planning, research and statistical analysis;
- preventing or investigating any fraud or crime, or any suspected fraud or crime;
- as required by law, regulation or codes binding us; and
- for any purpose for which you have given your consent.
Who do we share your personal information with
To make sure we can meet your specific needs and for the purposes described in ‘How we use your personal information’, we sometimes need to share your personal information with others. We may share your information with other organisations for any purposes for which we use your information.
Sharing with third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties outside of the Group, including:
We may share your personal information with other Group members.
- the Lender , settlement agents to which we are processing your finance application.
- those involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service;
- authorised representatives of the Group;
- fraud reporting agencies (including organisations that assist with fraud investigations and organisations established to identify, investigate and/or prevent any fraud, suspected fraud, crime, suspected crime, or misconduct of a serious nature);
- government or regulatory bodies (including ASIC and the Australian Tax Office) as required or authorised by law
- organisations that maintain, review and develop our business systems, procedures and technology infrastructure, including testing or upgrading our computer systems;
- our joint venture partners that conduct business with us;
- organisations involved in a corporate reorganisation or transfer of Group assets or business;
- where you’ve given your consent.
How do you make a complaint?
How do you generally make a complaint?
If you have a complaint about how we handle your personal information, we want to hear from you. You are always welcome to contact us.
You can contact us by using the details below:
The Privacy Officer
Red Mango Investments Pty Ltd
Email address: “Email Removed due to auto web trolls so contact us via our inquiry form ”
We are committed to resolving your complaint and doing the right thing by our customers. Our company prides ourself to having an exemplary record with minimal recorded complaints over our 10 years licence. Any complaints are resolved quickly, and you should hear from us within five business days.
Need more help?
If you still feel your issue hasn’t been resolved to your satisfaction, then you can raise your concern with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority Limited:
- Online: https://www.afca.org.au/
- Phone: 1800 931 678
- Email: “Email Removed due to auto web trolls”
- Fax: +61 (03) 9613 6399
- Mail: Australian Financial Complaints Authority Limited
GPO Box 3
Melbourne, VIC 3001
What additional things do we have to do to manage your complaints about credit information?
If your complaint relates to how we handled your access and correction requests
You may take your complaint directly to our external dispute resolution scheme or the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. You are not required to let us try to fix it first.
For all other complaints relating to credit information
If you make a complaint about things (other than an access request or correction request) in relation to your credit information, we will let you know how we will deal with it within seven days.
Ask for more time if we can’t fix things in 30 days
If we can’t fix things within 30 days, we’ll let you know why and how long we think it will take. We will also ask you for an extension of time to fix the matter. If you have any concerns, you may complain to our external dispute resolution scheme or the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Letting you know about our decision
We’ll let you know about our decision within 30 days or any longer agreed time frame. If you have any concerns, you may complain to our external dispute resolution scheme or the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
We care about your privacy. Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy policies and procedures. We welcome your feedback.
You can contact us by using the details below:
The Privacy Officer
Red Mango Investments Pty Ltd
Tel: 1300 021 430
Email address : “Email Removed due to auto web trolls so contact us via our inquiry form ”
This Policy may change. We will let you know of any changes to this Policy by posting a notification on our website.
Australian Credit Licence 392133